What We Believe
1. WE BELIEVE that the SCRIPTURES (HOLY BIBLE) of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired, without error in the original manuscripts, and the infallible rule of faith and practice. Its writings are eternal absolute truths that transcend human conscience and reason are to be studied, experienced and practiced by believers for all time. (Isaiah 55:8-11, Joshua 1:8, Ps. 19:7-11, 2 Ti 3:15-17, 2 Pe. 1:20-21, Heb 4;12)
2. WE BELIEVE that there is ONE LIVING AND TRUE GOD, eternally EXISTING IN THREE PERSONS, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in divinity, power and glory. This triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all. (Dt. 6:4, Mt. 28:19, Mt. 3:16-17, 2 Co. 13:14). Our beliefs about each of the three personalities in the trinity appear below:
A) WE BELIEVE in GOD THE FATHER, as infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He unconditionally loves all people and works to draw them to Himself; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Luke 10:21, Jn. 3:16; 5:29; 6:65, Mt. 6:8, 10; Is. 63:9)
B) WE BELIEVE in JESUS CHRIST, God's only begotten divine Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and future personal, visible return to earth. (Jn. 2:24, Mt. 9:36, Lk. 22:42, Jn 1:12-13)
C) WE BELIEVE in the HOLY SPIRIT, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide.
3. WE BELIEVE that all PEOPLE ARE SINNERS by nature and choice and are therefore under condemnation and in NEED OF SALVATION. This salvation is found only in Jesus Christ, is comprehensive in nature and received by faith through grace, apart from works (Eph. 2:8-9).
A) IN CHRIST - Man’s only hope of salvation is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, being freely justified by His grace. On the cross Jesus Christ took on, in a substitutionary fashion, the sin, sickness, and brokenness of all mankind, for all time (Is. 53:1-12, Col. 1:19- 23, 2:9-15).
B) BY FAITH - We believe people are saved by grace through faith in the work of Christ on the cross, active repentance from an old way of life, reception personally of Jesus Christ as Lord (entire ruler of one’s life) and Savior, with open, unashamed confession verbally. In so doing, God regenerates, by the Holy Spirit, those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord. (Jn. 1:11-12; 3:16, Ro. 3:24; 10:8-10, Eph. 2:8-9).
C) COMPREHENSIVE - We believe salvation is comprehensive, touching all areas of a person’s life and experience; including,
(a) the spiritual realm (eternal spiritual salvation and present spiritual deliverance and renewal - John 3;3, 11 2Co. 5:17-21, Ro. 10:9-10),
(b) the soul realm (renewal of the mind, healing of soul, restoration of broken emotions, restoration of the choice of will - Ro. 12:2, Is. 26:3, 2 Ti. 1:7),
(c) the physical realm, (healing in one’s body - Is. 53:4-5, Mt. 8:17, 1 Pe. 2:24),
(d) the relational realm (including families, marriages, and social relationships - Eph 5:21-6:9), and
(e) the material realm (including finances, systems of injustice and poverty, nature, and other earthly elements under the curse of sin -Ro. 8:18-23, Dt. 28:1-14, 2 Co. 9:6-10, Luke 6:38)
4. WE BELIEVE in the UNIVERSAL CHURCH of JESUS CHRIST, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the Head and all people regenerated by the Spirit of God are its members. (1Co. 12: 12-13, Acts 2:38-47)
5. WE BELIEVE that the Lord Jesus Christ committed ORDINANCES to the Church. Two of these, described below, are commanded for all believers:
A) WE BELIEVE IN BAPTISM – which is an act of surrender and channel of grace by identifying with the death, burial and resurrection of Christ and one’s own desire to die to self and to receive and live by the life that Jesus Christ offers. It is an open declaration of faith to the world that one has died to Jesus Christ and has been raised to walk with Him in newness of life. (Mt. 28:19, Acts. 2:38; 10:47-48, Romans 6:4)
B) WE BELIEVE IN THE LORD’S SUPPER – or “Communion” as an act of worship and channel of grace that identifies with the atoning blood of Christ and the breaking of Christ’s body for our healing. We believe it is to be regularly practiced and open to all believers. (1 Co. 11:23-34, Mt. 26:26-29)
6. WE BELIEVE that the KINGDOM OF GOD, which is the dynamic rule and reign of God, is present today in the ministry of our Lord Jesus. It opposes Satan’s counter-kingdom of darkness and evil on the earth. We believe Kingdom benefits are partially realized in this present age through the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the Church and will be fully realized at the final return of Christ. The Church, in the meantime, is to preach and demonstrate the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. (Jn. 18:36, Mt. 10:1)
7. WE BELIEVE in the PRESENT MINISTRY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT in the believer’s life. We believe that the Father fills the seeking believer with the Holy Spirit to empower a holy lifestyle and to equip for service (Lk 24:49, Act. 1:8; 2:38-39). This filling may be subsequent to regeneration and is to be repeated (Eph. 5:18). We believe God’s people may be given by the Father in Christ all Heavenly blessings and gifts of the Spirit, including prophecy, miracles, healing, signs and wonders, and all other Biblical gifts and offices of the Holy Spirit listed in the Bible (Jn. 14:26, Acts 1:8, 1 Co. 12:7, Eph. 4:4-13). We believe in the laying on of hands for the empowering of the Holy Spirit, for ordination and commissioning of pastors, elders, and deacons, and for receiving gifts of the Holy Spirit. (1 Ti. 4:14, Acts 13:3)
8. WE BELIEVE in the MINISTRY OF THE SAINTS – All true believers in Christ are anointed and appointed as ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ (2 Co. 5:17-19, 1 Pe 2:9-10). By relying on the same Spirit that Christ relied upon in His earthly ministry we may do all the works of the Kingdom just as Jesus, preach the Kingdom of God, baptize and train new disciples in Christ (Mt. 10:1-2, Luke 10:1-12, Jn. 14:12, Mt. 28:19-20).
9. WE BELIEVE in the personal, visible RETURN OF CHRIST and JUDGMENT OF THE PEOPLES OF THE EARTH to consummate the final establishment of His Kingdom. This will include resurrection of the body and the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless suffering of the wicked. Those who have not accepted the redemptive work of Jesus Christ will suffer eternal separation from the triune God in eternity. (1 Co. 15:51-52, Acts 1:11,1 Thess. 4:16-17, 2 Thess. 1:7; 2:1)